We know that leaving an umbrella behind at a friend's house or restaurant is frustrating, so we built an "out-of-range" functionality. When you've paired an umbrella with the app and have "out-of-range" alerts turned on, you can receive a notification on your device if you've left your umbrella behind.
- The app checks periodically to see if your umbrella(s) are in range (typically 50 ft) and if it is unable to connect via Bluetooth, you will receive an alert.
- If you are at your home or work address, however, that notification will not occur.
- The range depends on Bluetooth connectivity; for example, if you are several rooms away, walls separating you and your umbrella may reduce Bluetooth signals from reaching your device
If you would like to turn off "out-of-range" alerts, you have two options:
- Turn off alerts for all umbrellas via the "Notification" section.
- Select "Stop tracking" for a particular umbrella within the "My Umbrella" section. This will allow you to continue receiving the "out-of-range" alert for another umbrella while silencing it for another. To learn more, click here.