Let's get up and running! First, determine whether your tracker is a Weatherman Droplet or a Pebblebee.
The Weatherman Droplet looks like this:
The Pebblebee looks like this:
Pairing a Droplet
1. Remove battery insulating tab
Remove the Droplet from its packaging. With a coin, open the back battery cover and remove the battery insulating pull tab. Screw the battery cover back onto the Droplet, and as the device wakes up, a tone will sound.
Search “Weatherman” in the Apple Store (iOS) or on Google Play (Android).
3. Enable Bluetooth and location
Enable Bluetooth on your smartphone to make sure you’ll be able to communicate with the Droplet. Go to location services, select Weatherman and make sure location is set to “Always On”
4. Create your account
Once the app has finished downloading, you’ll be guided through the steps for connecting your phone and your Droplet.
5. Connect your device
Once you have confirmed you want to connect a device, you will see Weatherman Droplet and partner product(s). Select Weatherman Droplet and click “Connect.”
Existing App user
Navigate to the devices tab and tap the floating (+).
• The app will search nearby Weatherman devices. Select your Weatherman Droplet from the devices. • A pop-up will request that you enter the passkey “123456”. This passkey allows your phone and Droplet to pair. You will see a confirmation that your device is ready to go.
6. Attach your Droplet
Slide your Droplet into the zipper pocket of your Weatherman® umbrella canopy (or attach it to any other item you don’t want to lose).
Pairing a Pebblebee
To pair your tracker with your device, simply follow these instructions:
- Hold down the power button on the tracker until it beeps (about 3-5 seconds) so it can pair with the app (as shown below).
- Bluetooth must be enabled on your device
- Open the Weatherman app and visit the Umbrella tab. Click the "+" button on the top left page to start the pairing process and follow the on-screen instructions.
Still having issues? Try this:
- Power off your phone, reload the app and try pairing again.
- Hold the power button on the Pebblebee tracker until it beeps to confirm it is on (three beeps mean it's off; two beeps mean it's on).
Don't forget! Once you're done pairing the tracker, put it in the zippered pocket under the canopy of the umbrella.